It's the night before Christmas Eve. This Tuesday the 7th of January, along with others celebrating an Orthodox Christmas, we too will be attending a special church service which will be followed by a lunch fit for Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes all around... All of those Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes will then get their sticky little hands on gifts that Santa will leave under the tree!
Sunny has been waiting very patiently - "Mum! I've been waiting a long time now!"
Yes my lovely girl... I know!
This past week has been all about preparing for our big day! Cakes were baked, tomatoes pickled... Traditional recipes from my mama's very old recipe book were put to the test again only to produce the finest of baked cheesecakes and much, much more. Sunny and I have been busy putting the finishing touches on a few handmade gifts for family who will all come together to celebrate, eat, drink and laugh.
You may have noticed that this week I have very foolishly managed to delete every single photo from my blog. I feel like a twit. And the only way to fix my mistake is to start all over again and upload all of my pictures. It may take a while, so please excuse my 'Under Construction' look! It's not usually like this I promise!
I'll leave you now with a glimpse of our week full of making, baking and creating... It's what Sunny and I do best :)
1. Hand drawn Christmas cards by my gorgeous girl - Ain't that the cutest Santa you ever did see!
2. New linen pre-washed and ready to decorate bedrooms.
3. Sweet, sweet bread... Oh the smell as it bakes!
4. Special Christmas presents for family from Sunny.
5. Home grown tomatoes pickling away. It's simply not a Russian feast without these babies and cucumbers too!
6. My mama's recipe book! Hand written in Russian. It's so old and falling apart. She keeps it together with elastic bands and in a freezer bag! I should one day turn it into a book for her :)
7. Making wrapping paper.
8. I love our Christmas star! It sits on top of our tree every single year.
9. Handmade beaded necklaces. I'll show you more of these soon! I have discovered another crafty love :)
10. A special ballerina doll for a certain someones stocking...
I've just realised that these are the very first 'Stills' for 2014... Oh how time flies! Will you be joining in the fun this year?