Sunday, 5 January 2014

:: Stills - It's Almost Christmas!


It's the night before Christmas Eve. This Tuesday the 7th of January, along with others celebrating an Orthodox Christmas, we too will be attending a special church service which will be followed by a lunch fit for Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes all around... All of those Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes will then get their sticky little hands on gifts that Santa will leave under the tree!

Sunny has been waiting very patiently - "Mum! I've been waiting a long time now!"

Yes my lovely girl... I know!

This past week has been all about preparing for our big day! Cakes were baked, tomatoes pickled... Traditional recipes from my mama's very old recipe book were put to the test again only to produce the finest of baked cheesecakes and much, much more. Sunny and I have been busy putting the finishing touches on a few handmade gifts for family who will all come together to celebrate, eat, drink and laugh.

You may have noticed that this week I have very foolishly managed to delete every single photo from my blog. I feel like a twit. And the only way to fix my mistake is to start all over again and upload all of my pictures. It may take a while, so please excuse my 'Under Construction' look! It's not usually like this I promise!

I'll leave you now with a glimpse of our week full of making, baking and creating... It's what Sunny and I do best :)

1. Hand drawn Christmas cards by my gorgeous girl - Ain't that the cutest Santa you ever did see!
2. New linen pre-washed and ready to decorate bedrooms.
3. Sweet, sweet bread... Oh the smell as it bakes!
4. Special Christmas presents for family from Sunny.
5. Home grown tomatoes pickling away. It's simply not a Russian feast without these babies and cucumbers too!
6. My mama's recipe book! Hand written in Russian. It's so old and falling apart. She keeps it together with elastic bands and in a freezer bag! I should one day turn it into a book for her :)
7. Making wrapping paper.
8. I love our Christmas star! It sits on top of our tree every single year.
9. Handmade beaded necklaces. I'll show you more of these soon! I have discovered another crafty love :)
10. A special ballerina doll for a certain someones stocking...

I've just realised that these are the very first 'Stills' for 2014... Oh how time flies! Will you be joining in the fun this year?

The Beetle Shack

Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Hope you and your family have a amazing celebration and lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! There's something special about Christmas :)

      Delete
  2. So much to love ... and that sweet bread is making me hungry :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know... Two more days to wait until we can dig into it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Your daughters artwork is stunning. Hope your day is special on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the art work picture as well. I love kids drawings. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane. All my 2012 pictures are missing and I've just left that job alone. Good luck. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you all have a wonderful celebration! Your projects and makings are gorgeous in every single way! You are such a great mama! Oh and that bread! All the best to you this week! Cheers! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope your Christmas is lovely. With so much delicious food I'm sure it will be amazing.
    Oh the quilt cover is stunning. It's all sold out online, i'll have to check out my local store and see if there's any in stock.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh merry christmas. she has been very patient indeed! you all have. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you! How nice to have something to celebrate and look forward to in January - always a gloomy, cold month for us here in the UK. I love your stills - you take lovely photos. Is that a fimo clay necklace you've made? My daughter got some modelling clay for Christmas and we've been crafting together. I made a necklace too. Enjoy your celebrations and happy new year to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sophie. What beautiful stills! Christmas just isn't Christmas without handmade gifts and delicious homemade treats. I hope your family Christmas is magical and 2014 is kind to you and Sunny. Warmest wishes. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sophie, thank you for your gorgeous message over on my blog. I want to wish you a very happy 2014 too. May this new year be filled right up with the very best just for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sophie, hope your having a great start to 2014. How is the getting ready for school happening. Busy here trying on uniforms and covering books etc.... Hope Sunny is as excited to be starting school next week. Take care Filomena xx

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...