Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2014 - One Word...


Good Morning 2014! Come on in, take a seat and get comfy because it sure is going to be a full one... I LOVE IT!

A New Year brings with it a clean slate. The opportunity to begin a new year with solid intentions - resolutions if you may. 365 days ahead to make a difference within ourselves, our lifestyles, the world! Last year I focused on making a Life List of things that I wanted to do. I didn't place a time limit as I wanted to be realistic... Life does happen in between resolutions, goals and lists. I did manage to tick a few things off and am promptly setting out this new year to keep ticking that list.

After visiting the lovely Bron and discovering her choice of resolution I too have decided to add to my Life List by choosing a word to live by this new year.

Great! I thought. Easy!

Until I started to think of what the year ahead has install... Sunny will start school. I have a course to complete and a day job that supports my crafty habits. I have a little on line shop in that is still in its development stages and thoughts of taking part in a handmade market. This may seem manageable but throw in family life and you year suddenly becomes full.

I was contemplating 'create'. I love doing nothing more than creating and would happily spend each and every single day among my crafty mess but a girls has got to be realistic. To juggle it all I need balance.

'Balance'.

Something many of us struggle to keep. Balance between family life and work. Friendships and hobbies. Daily madness and relaxation.

This is the year that I support my little girl transition into the big wide world of school (frankly I'm scared shitless but I know that she'll be fine!). This is the year that I work my bottom off and continue chasing my dreams. This is the year I keep on creating and hopefully turn it into more than a hobby. This is the year that I step out of my comfort zone and embrace new challenges in the workplace and within myself. This is the year that conscious 'Balance' will come into action. Reaching a happy medium between things that must get done and things that I want and dream to do...

So with all that said, what one word will you choose to help you stay grounded and true to yourself this New Year?

Whatever it may be make it grand or keep it simple. 
Embrace new opportunities that rose with the sun this morning and run with it! 

Happy Days...

Happy New Year!


Linking in with Bron here.

*Link to above poster*

16 comments:

  1. Oh you will rock this coming year friend! I can just feel it! I wish for you nothing but the best! May all of your crafty dreams become a reality! And as a mama to little ones I am sending you a hug for I can only imagine the feelings you are feeling sending your sweet girl off to school...she will do great! So here is to balance and dreams! Happy Happy New Year to you!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance is a great word and something hard to achieve at times. Sounds like an exciting year for you ahead. Cheers, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, balance. I need a bit of that. Happy New Year, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck as you go ahead this year ! nice to find your blog - am off to read your sorbet recipe - xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sophie I'm hearing you on balance. I've got a 2 year old and about to pop out my second balance is something I will need. Have a wonderful 2014 and may it be balanced for you!. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome word! My word for this year is listen...especially to my kids. I've also got a girl starting school too! Eek! I'm scared too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic word to focus on this year. May 2014 be all you want it to be xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Balance is an awesome word and something I am sure we could all take some motivation from, Happy New Year may it be filled with Balance and Harmony :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh balance is a tough one. I think somewhere close enough will be good enough with this one. Good luck, sounds like you are filled with passion, happy 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great word to have! Wishing you a wonderfully 'balanced' 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a feeling you will have an amazing year! Just keeping balance in our minds is enough of a nudge to notice when things need a little tweaking I think. Happy New Year Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We definitely all need balance! My little miss starts school this year too and I am scared shitless also - 4 weeks to go! Hope your transition goes smoothly and you get a lot of balance this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you on needing balance! The last few months have felt like I've been running around like a headless chicken. Kids activities, school, work...too much! This year I'll be taking some time out for me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Balance, isn't it the most challenging thing to achieve. Good luck, at least you know what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The world is at your fingertips lovely lady x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm hopeless at the 'balance' until my husband pointed out that a scale weighed down heavier on one side is still in 'balance'. As long as it doesn't tip. That helped me a lot. I'm sure that's not what you're trying to achieve in 2014, though, so I'm not even sure why I told you that, but WHATEVER - enjoy the year ahead. All of it. Equally!!! x

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...