Tuesday, 31 December 2013

13 from 2013...

Hello dear friends. Before I start on any warp ups for the year that is so close to an end, I just want to say I hope you all had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas and are ready to tackle this blessed New Year with all your might!

Please excuse my long, long absence but sometimes life happens in between posts and some things need more attention than others. With that said, I have been haunting my favourite reads from a far and have been blown away by personal emails to see if all was alright in my end of the woods... Everything is great. Normal. Slowing down as things do over holidays.

Sunny and I are both preparing to celebrate Orthodox Christmas on the 7th of January. This week as many of you take your festive Christmas trees down, ours will be dusted off and decorated ready for Santa to visit our humble little home.

Inspired by this lovely lady, I too have compiled 13 of my favourite photographs and or posts to mark the end of not only another year but of an era. Next year will welcome many changes for Sunny and me. Sunny will be heading off on her journey of school and me... Well I'm hoping that a few tricks that are up my sleeve will pan out just fine :) From the bottom of my heart I thank you for taking the time out to visit Sunny and me here at Modern Day Mummying. I thank you for your kind words of wisdom, encouragement  and general interest and concern.

So without further adieu... 13 of my favourites for 2013...

In true holiday style, we hit the beach - Venus Bay...



Got up close and personal with a giraffe at Taronga Zoo!


Started to sell lovely little handmades for Handmade Lovelies at The Lone Hydrangea in Kooyong...


Created some wonderful keepsakes with Jodi's 52 Portrait Series...


Pottered in the garden and grew some vegetables...





We turned One and had a little party!


She turned FIVE!


I learnt how to knit...


And brushed up on my sewing...


And finished my first quilt!


We adopted a chick and named him Pom-Pom...



I know I said that this was 13 for 2013 but I couldn't help but add this last one...

I documented Sunny's and my Weekly Stills by linking in with the wonderful Em from The Beetle Shack and realised just how full of 'the good stuff' our weeks were...



So there you have it. 2013 it was an absolute pleasure and 2014 I eagerly await all of the surprises that you have hiding in your pockets for Sunny and I to discover!

Happy New Year to you lovely souls!

Sophie xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Sophie & Sunny. What a magical and creative year you have had! I love popping by your space here and can't wait to see what lovely things are in store for the both of you in 2014. Warm new year wishes. Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...