I've spent a bit of time in the kitchen, garden and my sewing room if you can't half tell... Baking, planting, chick rearing, knitting, cutting, planning, sewing and stitching. Sunny has been beside me all along :) She made herself a gorgeous bunny set this week from a kit that also came with a tin suitcase to house her little Bunny Sisters, as she named them. They are the sweetest little things I ever did lay eyes on and I'll definitely be stocking up for Christmas presents. Sunny has the idea that she wants to make some of her friends some 'Bunny Sisters' too. I pulled out my bread maker for the first time this week and baked two loaves in one day - I think I may be a little hooked! Nothing beats soft, hot home made bread with butter that just melts all over it even before you get the chance to spread it around evenly... Even if it is a cheaters way of baking bread :)
If we're not cleaning, baking, planting, chick rearing, knitting, cutting, planning, sewing and stitching then you can find us out and about on walks to our local park. The weather has been so lovely that we have taken up going for short walks after dinner. I think this ritual would have to be my most favourite as soon as daylight saving hits. I've been thinking a little about Christmas too, which will be on our doorstep in 8 1/2 weeks time. I've been thinking about presents, decorations for the tree (I want to make some), food, our beach holiday, the New Year and my plans for next year. So much to think about and so much to do! It's a little exciting yet daunting. Time to get a jiggle on and stop procrastinating and start sewing those gifts...
1. Bread - I baked it myself!
2. Rosemary butter (I made that too)... Oh my goodness... Butter never tasted so damn good!
3. Chicken and Leek Rice - A one pot wonder that is definitely going down into my favourites. It's kind of like a fried rice flavour meets a risotto style.
4. A spot of gardening.
5. A herb garden under construction.
6. Afternoon sunlight.
7. Enjoying the gorgeous, sunny outdoors.
8. This little man... (Yes it's a boy!)... is the hardest thing to catch! He zips around the yard at every sound. Sadly he will be going back to the farm as soon as he starts to sing, otherwise we'll be voted off the island!
9. Come on now... Almost done.
10. More strips for this quilt.
11. A corner in my sewing room.
12. A new hat for Sunny. I just realised this week that she has outgrown all of her hats!
13. The most gorgeous little sewing kit for children!
14 & 15. I love watching her little hands at work!
16 & 17. The Bunny Sisters and their suitcase.
Have you begun to think about Christmas yet or are you still trying to 'get over' the last one?