I'm tired. I'm emotional. I'm hormonal. I'm all of those lovely things we women experience on a monthly basis. Where in just one day you could doubt yourself and hate the whole world and don't let me begin my rant on that 'blemish' growing by the second on my cheek!! Aren't those stupid things meant to disappear with your teenage years?!
Did someone mention that we had a glorious weekend here in Sydney? A weekend where the sun shone relentlessly and was absolutely perfect to be out and about dipping your toes into the ocean? I wouldn't know... I spent the entire weekend on the lounge with my eyes shut tight... Well after a Fat Burner class and a 40 minute run. Maybe that's why I'm tired too?
Oh well... There's always next weekend.
Last week has been absolutely hopeless in the picture department, which is why I've decided to relieve myself from the pressure of posting a fresh 'Stills' post. I have, however, pulled together a few of my favourites over this Winter to bid farewell to the season as next Sunday we'll be dancing away on our first Sunday of Spring!
It doesn't seem that long ago that we watched the last orange leaf fall from our tree in the backyard nor does it seem that long ago that we took out the warmer blankets to keep us toasty in our beds. To be honest it doesn't feel as though you released all of strength and allowed us to shiver a great deal!
This Sunday we will bid you a proper farewell for another year and will officially embrace the presence of Spring. She is already letting us know that she is well on the way with beautiful sunny days that still have a touch of your chilly winds.
Here is what Sunny and I have loved about you this year...
1. Your natural colours stunning and bright!
2. Sunny's Birthday! She is my Winter baby :)
3. Comfort food - We love it while it lasts and then Spring comes along and we wish that we had a little more restraint!
4. Morning play in our 'jammies'!
5. Spending days curled up inside with crafty ventures!
6. My first knitting attempt - It'll be ready to use next Winter.
7. I now have a knitting basket and a collection of coloured wool.
8. A visit to Melbourne - My sister's florist with the most gorgeous seasonal blooms!
9. Wrapping ourselves up in Winter woollies for our mid morning walks.
10. Preparing our Summer salad garden.
11. Gumboots - The official Winter footwear (besides Ugg boots)
12. Grow little sprouts!
13. Bubbles in the sun!
14. A new pledge...
15. Jumping in puddles!
16. Fresh and hot - Zucchini Bread...
17. Hot meals...
18. A bunch of Winter reads.
19. And a little Giveaway!
20. Progress - Three months later...
See you next year!
A lovely last week of Winter to you all and if you're on the other side of the world, enjoy your last few days of Summer...
** If you haven't yet entered my Giveaway of Thanks you still have time! Head over here and drop me a line and choose your favourite magazine!